You Probably have heard about WordPress. Right? WordPress is Now-a-days regarded as the most easiest & Popular Content Management System and accepted by majority of the Website Developers around the Globe. It is so easy to maintain, configure & designing of the Website on WordPress. There are thousands of Themes and Plugins almost covering on every topics that the WordPress Users loves to use on their Blog.
All the Best Website Hosting Providers allows WordPress Installation within a few clicks. In this WordPress installation tutorial, our aim is to Provide a comprehensive WordPress installation tutorial for beginners and advanced users. We will show you how to install WordPress using Fantastico and Softaculous for beginners. We will also provide a WordPress installation guide that will guide you to install WordPress manually.
Things You Need Before WordPress Installation:
What You Will Learn "Contents"
Before you Install WordPress, You need to have a good Domain Name and a Good WordPress Hosting Company. However, We highly suggest you to use BlueHost because it is Officially recommended Hosting Company of WordPress.
To install WordPress manually, You need a tool Called FileZilla. So download this handy tool if you are going to install WordPress manually.
How to install WordPress using Softaculous in Cpanel:
Softaculous is a 1-click installation tool to install various Popular Scripts like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Opencart etc. It allow hosting Companies to offer 1-click install of WordPress. “Immotion Hosting” is one of the Popular Web Hosting Company that provides Softaculous for installation of Scripts. To install WordPress by SoftWaculous, Your Server must have Softaculous installed. Follow the steps for installation of WordPress through Softaculous:
- Login to Your Cpanel. Find ‘Softaculous’ under ‘Software/Services’. Click there.
2. Upon clicking on the Softaculous icon, you will be redirected to the Softaculous dashboard. On the left hand side menu, you should see a list of software categories. Click on the “Blogs” category and then select WordPress.
3. Now you will see a brief overview of the WordPress Script. Click on the “install” button on the Top Right of the Window to start the installation process.
4. During the installation Process, a couple of Information is required to put on the fields. First thing you need to do is choose the domain name on which you want to install WordPress.
5. On the next field, If you want WordPress to be on your main domain, then you need to leave the “In Directory” field blank.
6. Next, enter a database name for your WordPress installation. on this Field, no need of Creativity. It’s just fine if you put a database name of your recognizable choice. Under the Database settings, you need to modify the table prefix to enhance your site security. We recommend that you change the default wp_ prefix to something like wp_n4m3_
7. Now enter your site name and description on the field provided. Since this is a simple WordPress install, you should leave the WPMU box unchecked. If you want to create a Multisite WordPress Network, then just Check the WPMU option.
8. Further down the page, you will see the screen to create your WordPress administrator account. Change the default Username “Admin”. Create a strong password. Then Enter your email and click on the install button. After Pressing “Install” button, within a second WordPress will install on your domain. Now you are good to go ! Next, type www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin on your browser and put the username and password that you had created earlier.
How to Install WordPress using Fantastico De Luxe:
“Fantastico De Luxe” is a Popular Script installer that is Provided by many popular Web Hosting Companies like “HOSTGATOR”. To install WordPress using Fantastico De Luxe, follow these simple Steps:
1. Login to Your Cpanel. Find ‘Fantastico De Luxe’ under ‘Software/Services’. Click there. you will be redirected to the Fantastico Control Panel.
2. Find the WordPress under Blog Section on the Left Hand side of the panel. Just Click on that. This will open up a WordPress information Screen and a “New Installation” button. Gently click on the “New Installation” button as shown below:
3. Next, Select the domain on which you want to install WordPress. Put the directory name where you want to install the WordPress. Leave blank if you want the blog to be on the main domain.
4. Next, Under the Admin access data, put the username and password that you would like to use to access your WordPress dashboard. [Note: Don’t just put the default “admin “ and “pass” . Change the both.]
5. Under the “Base Configuration”, put admin’s nick Name and an email. Next, put the Site Title on the “Site Name” field and Site Description on the “Description” field. [ Note: You can change the Site Name & Site Description later by going through WordPress Dashboard > Settings > General ]
6. Once You have entered all the information, click on the “Install WordPress” button. See Screenshot below:
7. On the next page it will ask you to confirm all the information that you have entered. Click on the Finish installation button to complete your WordPress install.
8. After the successful completion of WordPress installation, go to www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin . Put the Username and Password that You have created earlier and login.
How to Install WordPress Manually (Using FTP) :
For Manual WordPress installation, You need to have a FTP tool. I personally like the FileZilla FTP Tool (free tool). The Steps to be followed for manual installation of WordPress are as follows:
1. First thing download the latest version of the WordPress. Then unzip the file locally. Upload all the files into your web host directory. If you want to install WordPress in the main domain, then you upload the files in your /public_html/ directory. If you want it in a subfolder, then upload it in a folder /public_html/foldername/
2. Once you are done uploading WordPress, go to your hosting control panel to create a database. To Create a Database, login into the Cpanel → Click on MySQL Databases (under Database) → Create Database.
3. Now that you have created your database, it is time to run the install. Go to the URL where you uploaded WordPress. If it is in the main domain, then you will simply go to yoursite.com. You will see a page like this:
4. Click on the button “Create a Configuration File” to create the configuration page. The next screen will show you the information you need to have (database name, database username and password, database host, and table prefix). Simply click on the Let’s go button. Next you will see the form to enter all the information.
5. Once you enter the information, click on the submit button. It will take you the page that has the button to Run the Install. Click on it.
6. On the next screen, you will see the form to enter your website’s information. This information would be your site’s title, your username, password, and email. Just enter the information accordingly.
7. Click “Install WordPress”, and you are good to go ! On the next screen, you will see the Success note with your username and password. Put the login Credentials and Press login to open the WordPress Dashboard.
I hope that you find this WordPress installation tutorial Useful. I have tried to elaborate as much as easier and User-Friendly so that newbie don’t stuck on any step. However, there might be some steps that is not understood by any of my blogger mate. You can comment about Your problems here. Or, you can also send an email citing about your problem by going through the Contact page. Any Comment about the Post “ How to Install WordPress–Wordpress Installation Guide “ is much appreciable.